Sales Associate: (Sponsorships)
Job Type: Paid Commission
Commission Percentage: Negotiable
West Virginia Roughriders Sales Associates
- Excellent work environment where fun meets success
- Commission ($$$) with easy to sell sales packages
- Complimentary Roughrider tickets to a group of games of your choice
- Get to be involved with a fast moving Professional Arena Football Team that provides you with the experience necessary to move up in the sports industry
Responsibilities for the Sales Associate position include:
- Training in management for customer service, marketing and sales consultants
- Assisting in the daily operations of the Roughriders
- Assisting in customer retention
- Assisting in new business acquisition
- Developing strong leadership skills to build a high performance, cross-functional team environment
Characteristics We Are Looking For
- Competitive individuals with a winning mentality to move up into management
- Sports minded and energetic team players
- Team captains ready to lead and train
- Superior student mentality
- Candidates who are serious about a long term career with a growing industry
- Candidates who are ready to grow from the ground up
Interested Applicants please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Sales Manager as subject title.
Game Operations Manager
Job Type: Paid
The West Virginia Roughriders seek an energetic, detail-oriented individual to oversee the game presentation/game operations and to assist the Marketing Director for the team. This candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the game presentation including the game-script, planning and execution of all elements related to the game, in-game sponsorship execution as well as coordination of all pre-game activities.
This position will also be responsible for providing support to the Tickets Sales and Sponsorship departments.
- Game direction/presentation/operations for all West Virginia Roughriders home games. Areas of game presentation include audio, video, LEDs, promotions, players, entertainment teams, field crew, etc.
- Oversee volunteer staff/interns both during the work week and on game days
- Oversee game scripts and public-address announcements for in-game use – working with sponsorship, marketing and ticket sales departments to fulfill all contractual obligations.
- Oversee in-arena host and PA announcer at all Roughriders home games
- Assist with daily operations as needed with Roughriders Marketing Director
- Minimum 2-3 years event planning experience preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years game presentation experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Manage multiple relationships well
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient with Google Drive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team orientated
- Ability to work well independently or in a group setting
- Strong customer service skills required; both internal and external
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift/push/pull 25 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Game presentation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Event planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Interested Applicants please send your resume to email@example.com with Game Operations Manager as subject title.
Announcer/ Stadium MC
Job Type: Paid
The West Virginia Roughriders are looking for a Public Address Announcer for their home football games, starting with the 2019 season. The PA Announcer’s duties include announcing starting line-ups, all game action, public address announcements, presentations, contests and other duties as assigned. The PA Announcer is the main voice of the West Virginia Roughriders while in the stadium. The PA Announcer works closely with the marketing staff and others to create a fan friendly and entertaining experience in WesBanco Arena.
- Strong vocal talent
- A unique and definitive personality
- Strong knowledge of college football, including rules and positions; specific knowledge of the West Virginia Roughriders Football players and organization is a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
- Comfortable announcing to crowds of over 4,000 people on a microphone
- Comfortable announcing complex names from a variety of ethnic backgrounds
- Able to attend all home West Virginia Roughriders games and arrive two hours before game time for each game
- Available to attend appropriate pregame meetings
- Receptive to both positive and negative feedback
- Ability to be spontaneous and react quickly as appropriate
- Comfortable working closely with Director of Marketing, and both Roughriders and opponent Athletic Communications staff
- Experience working as a PA announcer in collegiate or professional sports, in television, in radio or on stage is preferred
The public address announcer is compensated at the rate of $100 per game. The public address announcer is also provided two season tickets for his/her personal use and a game day parking pass.
- Cover letter including information about why applicant feels he or she is qualified for the position
- Resume detailing relevant experience
- A minimum of three references specifically related to applicant’s ability to perform required duties
- An MP3 of applicant’s voice performing in some capacity for at least 3 minutes.
Interested Applicants please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Announcer MC as subject title.
Dance Team Instructor/Coach
Job Type: Paid/Negotiable
General Purpose: The West Virginia Roughriders are seeking a highly qualified, energetic and enthusiastic dance team instructor/coach who will be responsible for the training and development of the dance program.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Has full responsibility for the overall supervision of the program.
- Develops core values and incorporates these core values into all aspects of the program.
- Responsible for operating the program within the budget established by the West Virginia Roughriders.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with all rules and regulations of the Professional Arena Football League.
- Responsible for developing a competitive team that consistently finishes in the upper half of competing teams.
- Responsible for developing half-time entertainment at all home games at The WesBanco Arena.
- In charge of assigning all duties of assistant coaches working under his/her supervision.
- Responsible for keeping practice periods for the sport within the confines of the time specified by the General Manager and with due consideration to the coaching staff and welfare of participants.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and protection of equipment and uniforms used by the program.
- Responsible for recruiting dance team members and retention of dance team members within the program in accordance with goals set by the General Manager.
- Reports periodically while the sport is in season to the Marketing Manager with regard to developments in the program.
- Directly responsible for a complete inventory of the equipment used for the sport to be made at the end of each season.
- Responsible for recommending purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as need demands.
- Has a shared responsibility for striving to build good sportsmanship and developing good public relations in the community.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that athletes are present.
- Cooperates with all other coaches in providing the optimum sports program possible under existing conditions.
- Keeps abreast of new developments, innovative ideas and techniques by attendance at clinics, workshops and reviewing current publications.
- Enforces disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual dancers.
- Understands that he/she is continually on display and must exercise good judgment in projecting positive coaching behavior. Is responsible for his/her team’s conduct during practice and traveling, as well as playing. All coaches should lead by example.
- Participates in fundraising as coordinated by the General Manager and the advancement office.
- Regular, dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performs other duties as related to his/her assignments as designated by the Marketing Director.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the General Manager/Marketing Manager or other appropriate administrators.
Knowledge and Experience
Experience as a competitive Cheerleader coach at the high school or college level preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Effective leadership of the team and the Dance and Cheer program
- The ability to effectively recruit and retain dancers
- An excellent knowledge of the sport
- An outstanding ability to teach the sport to athletes
- The ability to represent The West Virginia Roughriders in a positive and effective manner.
Must be able to perform both outside and inside work, must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle, and have the ability to perform medium work requiring the ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects requiring 50 pounds of force.
Interested Applicants please send your resume to email@example.com with Dance Team Instructor as subject title
Group Sales Manager
Position Type: Paid Commission
The West Virginia Roughriders are seeking a Group Sales Representative to generate revenue through selling group ticket packages.
- Ongoing solicitation of corporations and group organizations for the purpose of creating new business
- Assist in the creation and implementation of theme nights and community nights
- Provide inside support for the Group Sales Department
- Work and perform assigned event night duties at all Roughriders home games and other football events as assigned
- Develop new and creative ways to market the Roughriders
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 full year working in the sports industry with 1 full year of sales experience in the sports industry
- Ability to solicit new business on an ongoing basis through cold calling and in person sales
- Ability to create professional sales proposals
- Ability to execute presentations on a sales call
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and computer skills
- A flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Interested Applicants please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Videographer as subject title.